About Malcolm Walker Pianos
- Malcolm Walker's knowledge of piano construction was gained from a professional
and practical apprenticeship in
London 30 years ago, working with a Bosendorfer Technician and in the development
of the London Piano Workshop,
- Studied tuning practical and theory at the Institute of Musical Instrument
- Many people will know me as the proprietor of the Suffolk Piano Workshop,
Snape Maltings, from 1979 to 1991.
- Within that period many hundreds of pianos were reconditioned and sold by
a team of highly skilled technicians, the
quality of which were reflected by national demand.
- My work varies from the concert hall to the living room I have tuned for
many International Pianists but like to give
as much attention to the humble student.
- I also provide services for insurance, local authorities, schools and music
establishments, sales and purchases and
have lived in this part of Suffolk for over 20years and am still in love with
it. I have been single for 8 years and have a teenage daughter living with me
Musically my involvement has varied over the years from tenor singing
with a choir, performing and recording at Snape Maltings to playing bass instruments
for jazz / blues.
am no great pianist myself and shy away from public performance of any kind,
it is not a pre-requisite of a tuner to be able to play!
has certainly got into my blood from living here; I have been across the North Sea many times in a yacht and have a small dinghy at the local Yacht Club.
Also I have
been an Aldeburgh Town Councillor for about 7 years and generally Chair the
Sports Committee, I enjoy community involvement and working together for the
future of our town! We are not a party – politics council, which is nice.